For branding any company the Logo plays a major role as it creates the first impression in the mind of the consumers. It is also responsible for reminding a consumer about certain brand. Hence, when it comes to logo designing you must think like a pro.
Here are the simple steps that will help you do that.
Know about what a Logo is and what it does
Before you start designing your own logo you must understand the importance of this mark for your business. A Logo is a symbol that has any particular shape, color combination and design that reflects the commercial brand of your business.
A logo will be successful if it comprises of the principles that makes it effective.
Hire us for your logo designing and we will take care of everything.
The principles of effective logo design
A graphic designer will be able to do successful logo designing only if they follow the principles that make a logo effective. Here they are
- The logo should be simple as a simple design is easily recognized. Moreover, when a logo is simple it becomes memorable and people recognize them easily.
- After being simple, a logo should be memorable too.
- A logo must be timeless. You do not change the logo of the business often and hence while designing a logo it must be kept in mind that it should be recognizable even after 50 years.
- A logo is used in different mediums. It is used in business cards and at the same time in big banners. So it must be versatile to be used in different mediums and sizes.
- The logo should be appropriate for the business. Like while designing a loo for Toy Company, the logo must have childish design and color scheme.
Learn from mistakes and success of others
Once you have idea about the basic rule of logo designing you can differentiate between a good logo and a bad logo. Naturally, the logos that are running successfully for years now must have something special in them that made them so successful.
Like the logo of Nike, a Swoosh. It was created by Caroline Davisson in 1971 and till date it is ruling the mind of the consumers. It has all the principles of a good logo, it is simple, memorable, is easily scalable and no doubt timeless. This logo represents the wing of the Famous Greek goddess Nike that is actually perfect for a company that deals in sporting apparel. Among the different success stories Nike is just one.
Consider the success stories and what made them so successful, you too will get an insight about what your logo should be like.
Your may also like : Elements To Consider While Designing Logo
The design process
Once you have undergone the principles and have studied different logos, you must have deiced in your mind how your logo should be. Now, it’s time to start the final work of designing your own logo.
You already have completed research and brain storming. Now it’s time to conceptualization of the logo. Once it is done you have to take help of a software through which you can develop the logo.